Online sales is a trend that is growing day by day. Buying and selling on the internet is already an activity that any company can carry out. E-commerce has established itself as the most stable, profitable and customizable default substitute for regular purchases.
Currently, online sales constitute one of the best opportunities for any SME . Thanks to this type of commerce , businesses can expand their target audience and carry out more successful transactions compared to a traditional business.
What is E-commerce?
E-commerce or electronic commerce is also known as an online store or virtual store . The concept of this trade encompasses the process of buying and selling products, through electronic means such as mobile applications and the Internet .
On the other hand, this type of trade refers to the action of offering, buying and/or selling online any type of product on a global scale, whether wholesale or retail. In addition, thanks to this online sales process, you can take advantage of the window offered by the Internet and mobile applications as a showcase for the display and offer of products .
E-commerce implementations boost online sales , reducing the operating costs generated by a physical store. In addition, it represents savings in the payment of employees, public services and 24/7 operation, with global scope.
In this field, a very useful tool that will allow you to create your own online store and sell your products online is WooCommerce for WordPress .
WordPress + WooCommerce a great ally for online sales
For starters, WooCommerce is a highly specialized free, easily accessible and open source eCommerce plugin. It is specifically designed to create WordPress -based online stores or marketplaces and help us sell online.
WooCommerce is a powerful extension that adds all the necessary eCommerce tools to WordPress , in order to create online stores of all sizes. Also, WooCommerce has a lot of features that make it the best option to create your own online store. Among these we can highlight:
- It is an extension created for WordPress .
- It is completely free, so you do not need a large investment to set up your ecommerce.
- It offers different shipping and payment methods.
- It is fully customizable and customizable according to your needs.
- Provides protection in your operations.
- Be part of a constantly growing community.
- Provides a wealth of information, support, and tutorial guides.
- It has a wide range of free and paid access extensions.
- No special skills are required to work with the extensions.
How to create your Online Store with WP + WC?
To create an online store with WooCommerce , the first thing we need to do is create a WordPress site and follow these steps:
- Install WooCommerce in WordPress like any other plugin. By downloading it for free from the official website of its developers or from the WordPress plugin directory .
- Once the activation is done, the basic parameters of the plugin must be configured. By default, four new sections will be created, which are storefront, shopping cart , checkout, and personal customer account.
- The next step is configuration. The region and currency must be specified. We can check the box to include taxes in the price; this will allow visitors to see the final price at a glance. Then we adjust the tax deductions in the advanced settings.
- Next, the “Delivery” section will appear, in which the units of measurement must be selected. The choice depends on the country and the type of product.
- The last tab is “Payment”. By default, only cash on delivery is suitable here . PayPal can also be connected immediately. To add other popular payment systems , each of them will need to be configured. This completes the installation process.
How to approach online sales to be successful?
Next, we present a series of recommendations for you to start selling on the internet in an appropriate way.
Do a market study
Before starting your operations, it is advisable to carry out a complete market study to determine if there is a real market for your product for sale online .
Use the most appropriate means to reach your audience
It is advisable to select a platform that adapts to the needs of your market niche and that allows you to sell your products on the Internet in a safe and simple way.
Stand out from the competition
If you want to stand out when selling online you will have to be different from the rest of the competitors in your sector. Nowadays, many people want to sell online and see their business grow, but they only copy the competition without success. For this reason, it is essential to optimize your sales process and add added value to the products you offer.
Build trust and create authority
To sell on the Internet you must generate trust so that your potential customers decide to count on you. You can achieve this through the creation of valuable content and demonstrating the authority in your market niche . In addition, to convey greater security to your customers and reflect a higher level of transparency, it is advisable to include reviews, opinions or testimonials from people who have tried your products and services.
Simplify your offer and make it irresistible
If you have already completed the previous steps, it is time to catch the fish. To achieve this goal, we recommend that you facilitate the customer ‘s purchase decision with attractive offers that they cannot refuse.
Start your sale online!
With good planning and the application of all these recommendations, your digital strategy to sell online has what it takes to be successful. Start selling online because your competition is already doing it.
It doesn’t matter if you offer products or services, the recommendations for online sales are similar. Start your online store now!
Also Read: The Online Marketing Trends In 2021