Do you want to know how to create a content strategy from scratch to improve your rankings? With this post, you will learn how to do it and achieve your SEO goals. Let us begin!
How important is the content strategy for SEO?
If you want to increase organic traffic to your website that comes from search engines like Google, you must gain visibility and improve rankings; And this inevitably happens by being consistent in creating SEO-optimized content.
SEO and content form a link that can catapult any website to the top of search engine rankings. But only if the contents are made in the best way. Because if they are not created with a sense, they can cause the opposite effect and consequently Google penalties from which it can be challenging to recover.
What are Google’s recommendations to create an SEO content strategy?
Google’s algorithms are constantly evolving to deliver, as Google says: valuable and relevant results in a fraction of a second. The results that Google tries to have are the pieces of content available on the Internet. These contents are classified according to usefulness and relevance for the user who performs the search. And that means that for your content to have any SEO value, it must be beneficial to search engines.
Google already gives us some guidelines to generate a content strategy that helps us SEO positioning. Let’s see what their main recommendations are:
- Valuable and informative content: that responds to the doubts and needs of the users.
- More valuable and valuable than other websites: your content contributes more and becomes more practical and valuable than the competition. If Google or a user must choose between both content, let him choose yours.
- Credible: look for sources for your content, external resources that can validate your content, and quotes and references from other users. Showing a person behind your content will also give your content credibility.
- High quality: your content must be unique and original and intended for users and not for bots like Google.
- Attractive to users: make your content easy to digest, give them images and other resources that are attractive to users, and above all, keep in mind good grammar and do not contain spelling errors.
And where to start? Multiple tools make our lives easier in the market, and one of them is Hubspot. Let’s see how we can propose a content strategy with Hubspot.
Also Read: Five Rules For SEO Networking: Without Egoism!
But… how to make a content strategy with Hubspot?
Next, I show you a list of tasks that we recommend when making an SEO content strategy and that also with Hubspot are pretty simple to carry out.
Create a list of topics
Make a list of topics you would like to cover in your content. Put yourself in the shoes of your potential clients and think about the content that may interest them. They are usually those who solve your doubts or give an answer to what you are looking for.
Create a list of keywords that cover the topics defined in the previous list. Look for the keywords that can better explain these contents and have a good search volume. The ideal is to have a group of keywords for each topic, which allows you to generate different content.
How do you know what those keywords are? It is convenient to do a previous keyword study to help you decide on some keywords or others. As we have already commented many times in class and in other articles, these will be the fundamental pillar of your strategy, with which it is one of the most important steps!
Create pages for each topic
Create a page for each topic that allows you to cover the keywords that you have targeted. Use the main issues that you came up with, and these can be an index that offers a description of the main topic and informs about the subtopics that will be covered in other content. These can, in turn, be other pages or blog posts. The number of topics should match the needs of your business, such as the number of products or services you have.
Hubspot is straightforward to generate pages from scratch with a look & feel like your leading site and add it to your website. It has a simple interface when creating pages from scratch and has many resources to add, making it a valid option when generating extra pages for your website, as if they were part of your website.
Create a blog
Generating a blog can be an excellent option to position keywords you cannot include in your list of topics and, therefore, in your main pages. They are usually longer-tail keywords with fewer searches, but that makes a difference, so the user decides. Once the blog is generated, you can intertwine the information between several pages and posts, developing an architecture of internal links that is very useful when giving authority to the interior pages, which in SEO we know as “interlinking & link juice.”
With Hubspot, you can generate a blog to your measure and the design you like the most. Usually, the usual CMS does not have a good content manager, so Hubspot, as with the pages, helps you generate a blog from scratch very quickly.
Create a consistent blog content calendar
Every blog post or page you create doesn’t belong to a topic group. It also has value to write about other topics that interest your target audience and thus generate authority for Google’s algorithms. With this in mind, come up with a realistic posting schedule. There is no point in proposing to write twice a week and by the third week to quit. Measure the available resources, the time needed to write quality content, and generate a publication calendar based on that.
Create a link building plan
Content creation is the way to go to have a good SEO base, but it is not the only way to get the content of your website to rank once created. While in the first steps, we were dedicated to on-page SEO, link building is the primary goal of off-page SEO. It is the process of attracting inbound links (or backlinks) to your website from other sources on the Internet. Generally, the more authoritative sites that link to your content have a more significant impact on SEO rankings.
An essential part of your SEO content strategy should be thinking about all the ways to attract inbound links. Think about who may be interested in your content and link you from their site to generate the maximum possible links.
Measure, and you will conquer
SEO can take a lot of time, effort, and investment, and this is why you want to know if your strategy works. This will not be anything new for those who know me, but for those who do not, you should know that I am a data obsessive! That is precisely why I see the importance of monitoring metrics to measure success and identify possible areas for improvement.
You can monitor traffic with Google Analytics, which is 100% compatible with Hubspot, and create your dashboard in Google Data Studio to better understand the data and its evolution. Also, add the development of rankings, indexed pages, conversions, or any other metric of interest to you.
Also Read: Which Companies Need Local SEO?
Advantages of making a content strategy with Hubspot
Some of the reasons why a tool with these characteristics convinces us are:
- SEO-friendly content: it is easy to optimize the content for SEO, and the technical base is already perfect to position in search engines.
- Results monitoring: it can be easily integrated with Google Analytics and give us a global vision and the detail of what is happening on your website. – Lead tracking: allows you to track leads, from what they read to how they interact with your content.
- Easy-to-use content platform: it has a very intuitive and straightforward interface for generating and managing content.
- Training by Hubspot: the platform itself has many resources such as videos, posts, and courses to give all the support you need.
- Contacts, content, and monitoring are all on the same platform: it is beneficial for creating content discussed in today’s blog post. It is also helpful for a commercial or management team that makes decisions based on data.